The Denver Public Library is committed to planting practices and growing minds in the early years.
Begin Your Adventure
Our Summer of Adventure program is designed to help children learn, grow and make the most of summertime in Colorado. The program incorporates five ways to further your child’s development - READ, TALK, PLAY, SING and WRITE. When you READ, TALK, PLAY, SING, and WRITE with your child, you are providing them with powerful memories and lifelong tools for success!
How It Works
Register at your local Denver Public Library and receive a book or egg shaker to get started. Once registered, your child will be entered into weekly drawings for a chance to win family passes to various cultural and recreational institutions.
To finish this adventure try any 12 activities with your child and come back to receive a book on or after June 30.
Children must be present to pick up prizes. Prizes available while supplies last.
- Participate June 1-August 11
- First day to register: June 1
- First Day to pick up Registration Prize: June 1
- First Day to pick up Completion Prize: June 30
- Last day to register: July 28
- Last day for prizes: August 11
Share Your Adventure
Denver Public Library staff wants to hear from you:
- Visit your local Denver Public Library branch and tell us about your activities.
- Tag us on social media (@denverlibrary.org).
- Upload a picture or video to our Maker Challenge.
Create a Blueprint for Summer Learning
Blueprint4SummerCO is a free web-based directory of summer camps in the Denver-metro area where families can search, bookmark and create a blueprint for their children's summer learning activities. Check it out today!